Focusing on trending news and related legal issues associated with blockchain and its applications in all areas (including digital currencies) international law firm Proskauer is pleased to announce the launch of its newest blog, Blockchain and the Law. Available at www.blockchainandthelaw.com and on Twitter at @ProskBlockchain, the blog will be a dynamic way to keep abreast of the legal developments in this area – and their practical implications — as they occur.
“We are excited to launch this blog to help readers stay current on the fast-breaking legal developments as the applications of blockchain evolve,” said Jeffrey Neuburger, co-chair of the Firm’s Technology, Media & Telecommunications Group and editor of the Blockchain and the Law blog. Proskauer associates Wai Choy and Trevor Dodge serve as associate editors.
Recent blog posts include:
- Further SEC action and guidance with respect to ICOs and cryptocurrencies
- Bitcoin Futures Trading Kicks Off; CFTC to Monitor Risk
- Australian Securities Exchange Announces Decision to Implement Blockchain-Based Clearing and Settlement System
- SEC Cyber Unit Targets PlexCoin
- U.S. Court Orders Coinbase to Share Information About Account Holders With the IRS but Limits to Transactions Over $20,000
- Third Class Action for Tezos ICO
Proskauer’s Blockchain Group leverages the Firm’s cross-industry expertise to help clients harness blockchain’s potential and take advantage of this emerging business technology. The firm also publishes a blog on other technology-related legal developments, Proskauer’s New Media and Technology Law, as well as a blog covering developments in the cybersecurity and privacy area, Privacy Law.