AxiTrader removed from CFTC RED list

Some clients may have been made aware that, at the end of April 2017, AxiTrader’s name briefly appeared on the RED (Registration Deficient) list operated by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). This list is a resource for U.S. consumers to be able to...

Three More European Buy-Side Clients Select Thomson Reuters Award-Winning Know Your Customer Managed Service to Complement Their Due Diligence Processes

Thomson Reuters today confirmed that three additional European financial institutions serving the buy-side investment sector have adopted its Org ID Know Your Customer (KYC) platform for due diligence. Legal & General Investment Management, Candriam Investors Group and Fund Channel are the latest clients to...

LMAX Exchange will seek regulation in Ireland unless the UK government preserves the single market access for the capital markets industry

LMAX Exchange, one of UK’s fastest growing technology firms and the leading FCA regulated MTF for FX trading, plans to be regulated in Ireland unless the British government preserves the EU single market passporting rights for the financial services industry. The UK is the world’s...

Mizuho Bank adopts Thomson Reuters FX Trading

Leading Japanese bank Mizuho has integrated Thomson Reuters next generation FX desktop, FX Trading (FXT), into their trading workflows. FX Trading brings together all of Thomson Reuters FX transaction venues onto a comprehensive end-to-end platform to streamline workflows and create a single point of...

ASIC Welcomes Consultation on Changes to Fees-for-Service

ASIC welcomes the release by Treasury of a consultation paper proposing changes to fees-for-service. While around 90% of ASIC’s regulatory activities will be now be recovered as part of the Government’s industry funding arrangements, the remaining 10% will be recovered via fees-for-service. Fees-for-service recover the regulatory...

SEC Monitoring Impact of Hurricane Irma on Capital Markets, Continues to Monitor Impact of Hurricane Harvey

The Securities and Exchange Commission is closely monitoring of the impact of Hurricane Irma on investors and capital markets, and continues to monitor the impacts of Hurricane Harvey. "As we are doing in areas affected by Hurricane Harvey, the SEC will be closely monitoring the...

OTC Derivatives Collateral & EMIR MasterClass 2.0, 08-09 March, 2018 – Vienna, Austria

OTC Derivatives Collateral and EMIR MasterClass will be held in Vienna on 08-09 March, 2018 by Fabrice Zamboni, specialist in the field of financial services operations. The MasterClass will cover similarities/differences between exchange traded derivatives and OTC derivatives, understanding what causes exposures in OTC...

Haier Finance Adopts Bloomberg’s Foreign Exchange Electronic Trading Platform

Haier Finance Co., Ltd has adopted Bloomberg’s Foreign Exchange electronic trading platform (FXGO) and Multi-Asset Risk System (MARS) for Foreign Exchange trading and risk management. A subsidiary of leading Chinese home appliance company Haier Group, Haier Finance is a non-bank financial institution that provides comprehensive...

ASIC Consults on Proposed Financial Benchmark Regulatory Regime

ASIC is seeking feedback on proposed ASIC rules for the administration of licensed financial benchmarks and regulatory guidance on how we would administer the proposed financial benchmark regulatory regime.  The Government is currently consulting on draft legislation to implement financial benchmark regulatory reform. ASIC's consultation...

MFSA Warning About MXTrade and TradingBanks

The Malta Financial Services Authority (“MFSA”) has become aware of an entity operating under the name of TradingBanks. TradingBanks is a brand owned and operated by a Malta registered company Grizzly Limited with a registered office at Floor 5, 115A, Msida Valley Road, Birkirkara...

GOOD TO KNOW!

RECENT ARTICLES